We've added some Solo Challenges so you can practice your runs while your friends are away. You'll find them in the play menu.
When you complete a challenge, you'll be given a score based on your performance. Every challenge has 3 crystals that you can unlock by reaching a certain score. These crystals are green for easy, blue for medium, and gold for hard. Unlocking them will also grant you 25, 50 and 100 exp respectively (only once per challenge!).
Earning all 15 Crystals also unlocks a special Forest Mastery Cape, so you can show off your achievements. To add to that, next week's patch will include leaderboards for these challenges, so you better start completing them!
The Forest Mastery Cape
- Common: Wizard Hats
- Special: Forest Mastery Cape (Solo Challenges Reward)
If you've always wanted to be a mage, now is the time!
- A link to our Discord server has been added to the main menu.
- The "username" label in the login screen is now changed to "email".
- Completing a multiplayer game on your own now grants half exp instead of none at all.
- Atmospheric Particles have now been added to all maps.
- We've created an experimental Linux build. Let us know if things don't work.
- An analytics system was added to better keep track of everything, allowing for statistics that can be used for balancing.
- Server time is now consistent, meaning a map's periodic objects (like pendulums and moving platforms) now always start at the same locations. I'll be honest this one is hard to explain and you probably won't notice it.
- Exp and SP rewards now properly work for shorter games.
The Scuttlers Dev Team
Patch Notes ⋅ September 22, 2017